Friday, November 12, 2010

Personal Essay

A time i confronted disappointment was when my dad went to jail.I felt as if i was being neglected or something was just going wrong. I new he loved me but i also new that he was doing his own thing and just got caught up at the wrong place at the wrong time. I believe i was 5 or so years old, my dad went to jail for 4 years,I never really confronted my mom about it or anything because i would see him every now and then, Ijust always thought he was at home with my grandparents and his brothers and sisters. I started toget curious when i would never see him for my birthday or on special holidays, I wondered if I even had a dad. Then my mom and grandma finally told me wen I was 12. I already had a feeling, not because I would over hear conversations but because something in my head told me so. I never really understood what jail was like at my age but I new it was a bad place for certain individuals. They told what h was in jail for some more stuff. At this time I was even more curious asking myself questions like why didnt anybody tell me his a long time ago? But I didnt let none of this bother me. From this point on i would get letter from my dad. He would tell me in the letters how much he loves me and misses me. He would also tell me hes sorry for everything he has done and for not being there for me and he plans to get out soon. My dsd has been doing very good. He has a job and is doing what he is supposed to be doing. He hasnt been in jail in a very long time and I am very proud of that. He is being a great fathr to his kids and I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment